I’ve been broadcasting a simple said Eucharist every Thursday evening since the lockdown began. I’ve sent out copies of the order of service and made it downloadable from the church website but what I’ve really wanted to do is take a service with the words appearing on the screen at the same time, so that people can really take part at home. This week, I learnt how to do it so I thought I would share it with you as it wasn’t quite as difficult as I thought it would be. I’m sure this is probably possible on an ipad but these instructions refer to a PC (a laptop in my case with built in webcam).
What you will need to do this:
- be already familiar with Facebook live
- have a webcam in your laptop/computer
- have a USB microphone plugged into your laptop (or built in to your webcam)
- download Open Broadcaster Software for free from https://obsproject.com/
- a decent wifi connection
- your order of service on PowerPoint in portrait format (I show you how to do that in the video below or you can download my simple said Eucharist order of service here: midweek eucharist powerpoint portrait)
Follow the instructions in this video below, best thing to do is to have this video playing and keep pausing it as you work through each step. I hope it’s fairly straight forward. I am completely new to this so literally only a couple of steps ahead of you and I’m not as ‘techy’ as people think! I always say I’m like a driving instructor with these things – I can show you how to drive it but if it breaks down you need a mechanic! Enjoy!
There’s one step I miss out in the video below. Before you paste in your Facebook live stream key you need to select Facebook first from the ‘service’ bar at the top under Settings and Stream.
And here was my first go at doing a live Eucharist in this way: https://www.facebook.com/revbryonytaylor/videos/10157362788985756/